Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Install Guide More In Depth

Hi All, People on this forum have been fantastic with their help, I ran into quite a few issues when installing and I believe a more detailed install guide may help others.

This install guide is assuming you are running a blank server with latest Ubuntu 18 on.

Step 1 SSH into the server login as root and paste the below code

Code:
    apt-get update
    Followed By

Code:
    apt install ffmpeg libavcodec57 libavutil55 libavfilter6 libavformat57 mysql-server libmysqlclient20
    Step 2 Paste the below code line by line hitting enter after each line and allowing the process that follows to complete before doing the next line

Code:
    wget -O /usr/local/bin/mpegtv http://infosat.org/mpegtv/files/mpegtv
    chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/mpegtv
    wget -O /usr/local/bin/slave http://infosat.org/mpegtv/files/slave
    chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/slave
    mkdir /var/mpegtv
    cd /var/mpegtv
    wget http://infosat.org/mpegtv/files/mpegtv-data.tgz
    tar -xzf mpegtv-data.tgz
    Step 3( We now need to edit the /var/mpegtv/mpegtv.cfg File ) Paste the below

Code:
    vi /var/mpegtv/mpegtv.cfg
    This Will Display Something simular to the picture below

viedit.jpg

You need to fill in the information for you Mysql User name and password This Is Important otherwise the install will fail, To do this

Push i on your keyboard to enter edit mode
    Use your arrow keys to navigate to each field and type in the details, once done push ESC on your keyboard, then SHIFT : type wq then hit enter (This will write your changes to the cfg file and then exit the cfg file)

Step 4 Now Paste the below code into

Code:
    mpegtv
    This will launch mpegtv and you can now go into your web browser and type the server ip and port and you will be presented with a login screen

Example : http://11.22.33.44:80 it is important you don't forget the port at the end after the : otherwise you might not get the login screen

You can now login with the default details

User: admin
    Password: admin

If you just wanted a blank panel and are not importing and Xtreme Codes database then you can skip to step 5 otherwise return to your console and move to step 5a

Step 5 Paste the below into your console, You can choose any port you want apart from the http port, I use port 2045 for this example
    Code:
    slave 2045
    You are now complete! Huge Thanks to CrazyEyes For The Panel

Step 5a This is for people importing xtreme codes database

First We need to install Xconv do this by pasting the below code in, line by line and hitting enter after each line and letting it complete before moving onto the next line

Code:
    wget -O /usr/local/bin/xconv http://infosat.org/mpegtv/files/xconv
    chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/xconv
    Ok So assumptions being made here, but this guide is for people who have a blank server and a backup file of their xtreme codes database on their desktop usually called xtream_iptvpro.sql

First we need to upload the xtream_iptvpro.sql to our server here that we just installed the panel on, I used Filezilla available from here

Open Filezilla and go to File,Site Manager and click New
    We need to use the SFTP protocol and fill out our server ip , leave port blank and then enter our user name and password, I used the root user and pass like the picture below

filezilla.jpg

Click connect and you FileZilla will sftp into your server for you and you will see a list of directories.

Now we will upload our xtream_iptvpro.sql to our server I placed mine in the /tmp directory so for the examples going forward I will assume you done the same

Once our file has been uploaded to the server close FileZilla and return to your ssh console

Now as I already said I assume you uploaded your database to the tmp folder so paste the below code to change into the folder in your console

Code:
    cd /tmp
    First We need to create an empty database which we will then transfer our xtreme codes database into so paste the below

Code:
    mysql -u MYSQLUSERNAME -p
    You will now be asked for your Mysql Password type it in and hit enter

Once you have done that you should have something similar to the picture below

mysql.jpg

Paste the below code

Code:
    CREATE DATABASE xtream_iptvpro;
    Your Should get a message similar to Query OK, 1 row affected (0.12 sec)

If you do now type \q and hit enter and it should say bye and you will be back in your tmp folder

If your backup database is quite small then pasting CODE 1 in replacing the sqluser and sqlpass with your own username and password, However If you have a large database a few gig big I suggest you ignore CODE 1 and follow Large database steps

CODE 1 ( Small Databases )
    Code:
    mysql -u sqluser -p sqlpass xtream_iptvpro < xtream_iptvpro.sql
    LARGE DATABASE STEPS

I had a rather large database of over 5 gig and code one just took forever so I did this instead which is a lot quicker

Paste the below code to login to mysql replacing with your own username, hit enter and you will be again asked for your password type in your password then hit enter

Code:
    mysql -u MYSQLUSERNAME -p
    We will be back again with a window like below

mysql.jpg

Paste the below code and hit enter

Code:
    use xtream_iptvpro;
    Now again remember I am assuming you put your backup xtreme_iptvpro.sql in the tmp folder so now paste the below code and hit enter, if the database is large this process could take up to 10 mins

Code:
    SET autocommit=0 ; source /tmp/xtream_iptvpro.sql ; COMMIT ;
    You will see lots of stuff flashing before your eyes, Just sit back and let it complete

Once it's finished enter \q and hit enter and we will now be back again in our tmp folder

Now we need to convert our database into one MPEGTV can use and transfer it

Paste the below code into the console Replacing the SQLUSER and SQLPASS with your own

Code:
    xconv -u SQLUSER -p SQLPASS -d xtream_iptvpro > mpegtv.sql
    Once this step has completed which usually is quite quick we move onto the final bit of the puzzle

Congratz on making it this far

All we need to do now is update out mpegtv database with the converted database we can do this by pasting the below code replacing SQLUSER and SQLPASS with your own

Code:
    mysql -u SQLUSER -p SQLPASS mpegtv < mpegtv.sql
    Once this step is completed you are all done, You can login to your panel in the web browser again and you will see all your users and streams and everything has returned, You can now get back to setting everything up and your ready to roll

Credits

Huge Thanks To CrazyEyes for providing Mpegtv
    Shout outs to Cameleon and MagSat for helping me with issues which made me write this guide to hopefully help others avoid the issues I had
    Last edited by nemzzy; 09-25-2019 at 03:11 PM.

+1 Man love it.

Quote Originally Posted by MagSat View Post
    +1 Man love it.
    Thanks bud, Figured it could save you guys time answering lots of questions

Hey,
    I followed your step by step guide.
    After I setup everything I start the server through mpegtv and get : server started ( I kept http at 8080 ).
    I get error message : ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Any ideas how to resolve this?
    I followed from A-Z and Mysql has tables in it installed so config is also correct.

Quote Originally Posted by brainzr View Post
    Hey,
    I followed your step by step guide.
    After I setup everything I start the server through mpegtv and get : server started ( I kept http at 8080 ).
    I get error message : ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Any ideas how to resolve this?
    I followed from A-Z and Mysql has tables in it installed so config is also correct.
    You get empty response in your web browser?

Yeah well turns out it was cached man :<< +1 for the guide
    The only thing I get is that every menu I try I need to login again.

Can't work with it keeps reloading to login page :/

Something is going wrong,

Did you check how many Mpegtv are running ?

what are the ports in /var/mpegtv/mpegtv.cfg and is the pass and database correct.

Finally wich OS ?

Kindly

Quote Originally Posted by brainzr View Post
    Can't work with it keeps reloading to login page :/
    That happened to me when I installed a bad database into the mpeg tv, so sftp into your server find the database.sql file in the /tmp folder download it to your pc and open it with something like notepad++ and take a look at the contents

MySQL

i i ned hjalp whit MySQL hjalp